How to perform a test
qrc cc pa - e 231.99 Kb
When performing a test to determine parameters such as TC, HDL-Cholesterol or Triglycerides, do not use the first drop of blood. Remove the first drop of blood, since it may contain interstitial fluid. This factor could cause a dilution of the blood and give an incorrect test result.
Do respect the storage instructions of the test strips:
- Close the package immediately after use
- Always take the strip out of the package right before use
- Do not use strips of which the filter paper is not homogeneous clear white
- Make sure that the strips are not exposed to excessively high/low temperatures (i.e. store between 4°C and 30°C)
- Do not store your MEMo-chip inside the package of test strips as it may bend or break or damage the test strips
To smoothly perform a lipid test, you should use UNISTIK-3 lancets. This to make sure you’re able to obtain enough capillary whole blood.
Press the lancet firmly on the finger before actually using it. Make sure that you add enough blood (15 or 40 μl) on the white reaction circle/groove of the test strip (empty the Mini Pipette or capillary tube completely) or the test could result in a lower value. When in doubt, perform a new test.
The Friedewald equation is valid and LDL can only be calculated when Triglycerides are between 45 and 400 mg/dl (0.5 and 4.5 mMol/L). If Triglycerides values are out of those ranges, the use of the Friedewald equation is invalid.
When the CardioChek P•A™ /CardioChek ST gives the message LOW or HIGH on the display, samples should be tested by another method. Measuring ranges can be found in the user manual.
Always keep the “test strip insert guide” and the “display window” clean.
How to use the grey check strip?
- switch on the instrument by pressing one of the two buttons
- “Install MEMo-chip” will be displayed
- press the NEXT-button (right button) three times, “Utility” will be displayed
- press ENTER, “CK STRIP” will be displayed
- press ENTER, “Insert Strip” will be displayed
- insert the grey check strip as far as possible
- If CHECK STRIP PASSED is displayed, you may continue performing tests
- If CHECK STRIP FAILED is displayed, clean the reader/optical element with a humid, dust free cloth
- Make sure the check strip is not dirty or damaged
- Repeat the procedure, if the error message keeps displayed, call Technical Service
You may use the first drop of blood when your first parameter is glucose.
How to get a blood sample in a quick and correct way:
- Make sure the hand is warm and relaxed (when necessary rinse hand with warm water)
- Leave your arms next to your body for a few minutes before carrying out the finger prick
- Choose a spot that is on the side of one of the centre fingers (ring finger or middle finger, in a position slightly lateral of the centre of the fingertip) of either hand
- Make sure the hand is below heart level
- The patient should sit quietly for five minutes before the blood sample is collected.
Squeeze the finger to obtain a large drop of blood, but do not "milk" the finger. This may result in lower TC-, HDL- and Triglycerides results.
A test can only be carried out with non-expired strips. In case of an error, check expiry date on package. A wrong setting of time (e.g. wrong year) is a possible reason of a malfunction. In case of problems, check the settings.
Strips who accidentally are used with the wrong MEMo-chip or with a MEMo-chip of a different lot number, display WRONG STRIP-notification.
For a quick and efficient use, first enter the strip into the instrument and place the blood on the reactive area of the strip.
When using alcohol, wipe off the alcohol with a dry gauze, alcohol may cause haemolysis. Try to obtain a good drop of blood. Try to avoid to touch the skin with the capillary tube, the skin of the hand may be contaminated with Glycerine from lotions or soap.
To avoid air bubbles or problems during sampling, hold the capillary tube horizontally.
Avoid exposure under direct sunlight or under a bright source of light.
- Tel 00800 16310410
- Fax 00800 16310411